2D & 3D modeller
Job Ref: Ci241220ET • Thu 24 Dec 2020 • Full Time
Produce large scale 3D models for analysis. Convert, consolidate and combine various models and data to produce an accurate model.
- Create 2D & 3D models
- Cross-reference and combine multiple data points
- Career opportunity with thriving company
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Based in Sydney, our client is a provider of specialised Engineering analysis services. They are looking for a skilled CAD operator and 3D modelling enthusiast to join their talented team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a truly creative and out-of-the-box thinker, you will be responsible for the creation of 3D models, CAD drawings and physical models for the purpose of specialised testing. Further to this you will also be involved with the development of new products and processes to support business operations. You will be a person who has experience using multiple CAD programs (parametric, direct, 3D, 2D) and enjoys keeping their skills updated and relevant.
- Creation, conversion and consolidation of 2D & 3D models in various CAD programs
- Development of new products and processes
- Design and manufacture of prototypes and scale models
- File conversion and operation of CNC and 3D printing machines
- Liaison with clients, management, internal teams, and fabricators
- Interpretation of client briefs, architectural and engineering drawings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience using a range of CAD programs and identifying the best tool to use for certain design tasks
- Advanced level of AutoCAD skill with over 5 years working experience (required)
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, game design, architecture or similar
- Ability to produce accurate manufacturing drawings, reports and similar documentation
- Proficiency with Google Earth
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings, manufacturing drawings, ortho-imagery and oblique angle photography
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with GIS, LiDAR (highly regarded)
- Experience modelling environments & landscapes and/or designing game worlds (highly regarded)
- Develop a career within an advancing industry
- Employee benefits package
- Friendly team and great facilities
- Equal opportunity employer – people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Click APPLY and attach your current resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria – remember to include your location.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that by applying to our organisation you accept that your application will be held on our systems and databases and may be used in consideration for this or any other role which we may deem you potentially suitable.