Tips and Tricks • Gareth Morgan • 19 December 2016
Want to align objects, text or drawings on your layout sheets?
Edit > Align allows you to align selected elements with each other.
- Left / Right – All selected elements will align to the left/right most black node (bounding-box point) of the selected elements.
- Top and Bottom – Does the same as Left and Right but are the topmost / bottommost point of the selected elements.
- Center Horizontally – Will align selected elements halfway between the top and the bottom nodes on the Y coordinates.
- Center Vertically – Similar to Center Horizontally but instead of the Y coordinates it will align them along the X coordinates.
- Special Align – Allows you to align elements with more freedom than the above options. 1st choose which point you want to align, 2nd select how you want it eg “draw a line or arc” or by “clicking on an existing line or element edge”