Change Anchor points in an imported object
Tips and Tricks • Camilo Valencia • 5 March 2020
If you download a new object from internet and import it into ArchiCAD, sometimes the anchor points are not in the proper position, to solve this follow the next steps:
- Import a new object using File>Interoperavbility>Merge and save the object using File>Libraries and Objects>Save Selection as>Object
- Open the object using File>Libraries and Objects>Open Object.
- There open the 2D view:
- In the 2D view go to Edit>Select All and copy all the content.
- Then open 2D Symbol and paste everything that you copy.
- Place new Anchor points using the Hotspot tool (Also you can edit the object here)..
- Go back to the main page of the object and click on Compatibility options and click on “Fit size to 2D symbol”.
- Go to Script 2D and delete everything there and save the object.
- This will modify the anchor points permanently.