Tips and Tricks • Andras Bognar • 29 January 2021
It is recommended to organize your libraries as follows:
1. Upload all your company’s libraries to a dedicated BIMcloud. This enables one-step updates which are then available to all users, including solo and Teamwork project users.
2. The Embedded Library should serve as your project library, containing project-specific objects that are always available and editable, and saved with the project.
3. Any project-specific object that you modify frequently should be placed in the Embedded Library.
4. Only embed those objects that are project-specific. Try to keep the Embedded Library small.
5. If you want to use a custom object in several projects, it is better to place it into a Company Library stored on a BIMcloud that is accessible to all users, rather than save it to an Embedded Library.
6. When you archive a project, use the PLA file format. It is NOT recommended to save all objects in the Embedded Library.
7. When you use Ci Tools the tools should be there just one time at your project libraries and it should be at ARCHICAD Library XX > CI tools Library XX
8. (If you are a Select Client) Place the Select/Essential Library XX and the Surface Catalog XX to the ARCHICAD Library XX:
9. Avoid the duplications and missing library parts: