Changes in Dassault Systemes Product & Business Model July 2023
News • Central Innovation • 27 June 2023
Starting from the 1st July 2023, Dassault Systemes has announced significant changes to the SOLIDWORKS product and business model.
“All new purchases of SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD licences from July 2023 onwards will include Cloud Services as part of the subscription.”
Here are the major changes in SOLIDWORKS commencing in July:
1. Starting in July, all new purchases of SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD licences (Perpetual, Term, Standalone, or Network) will include Cloud Services as part of the subscription.
2. All existing SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD Subscription licences will have the opportunity, for a nominal fee to upgrade to Subscription with Cloud Services, but they will have the flexibility to continue to renew their usual Subscription if they prefer.
3. Term licences of SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD Standard will continue to be available without Cloud Services after the 1st July 2023.
Starting in July:
1. All new perpetual licences of the desktop portfolio will require two years of Subscription. If you choose not to renew your subscription after two years, your desktop licence will be perpetual; however, you will no longer have access to Cloud Services from CAD, version upgrades, and support.
2. New subscription and term licences of SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD products, but not the rest of the desktop portfolio (PDM, Simulation, Composer, etc.), will experience an uplift in price. This uplift in price is still a fraction of the cost of the additional value that was mentioned above and will secure the necessary investments in the quality products you have come to expect and the state-of-the-art Cloud infrastructure.
As additional support during this time, we have provided a live webinar recording of our announcement and FAQs in MyCi (our customer portal). Please feel free to log into MyCi to access the webinar recording and resources. Once you have logged in, you can find the ‘Webinar’ and ‘Tips’ tab in the left to access your resources.
Although we are adapting to these changes with you, we will strive to provide the highest quality of service and assist you through these changes for you and your business.
Please feel free to visit the following link to visit the Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS blog for more information.
If there are any queries, please feel free to contact us at 1300 423 372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can refer you to the right person.