SOLIDWORKS is a powerful 3D computer aided design (CAD) software used by engineers and designers to create and edit 3D models and drawings. While SOLIDWORKS provides a lot of functionality to its users, there are often repetitive tasks that need to be performed that can be time consuming and tedious. This is where #Task comes in – a powerful automation tool that can be used to automate SOLIDWORKS design tasks and batch process SOLIDWORKS documents.
One of the features of #Task is the ability to find-replace text in annotations, present in SOLIDWORKS Drawings. This is a great tool for users who need to make changes to large numbers of drawings or who need to make changes to drawings on a regular basis. The benefits of using this macro are numerous and include:
1. Time Savings: The biggest benefit of using this macro is the time savings it provides. Making changes to annotations in SOLIDWORKS Drawings can be a time consuming process, especially if you have a large number of drawings that need to be modified. With #task, you can modify annotations in batches, which can save you a significant amount of time.2. Increased Productivity: By automating the annotation modification process, you can increase your productivity and focus on more important tasks. This can lead to faster turnaround times and increased efficiency in your work.
3. Improved Accuracy: When making changes to annotations manually, there is always a risk of making mistakes. With #task, you can ensure that your changes are made consistently and accurately, reducing the risk of errors.
4. Customizability: The macro allows users to enter only the words or phrases that need to be modified, which makes it highly customizable. This means that users can modify annotations in a way that best fits their specific needs.
5. Flexibility: The macro provides users with the ability to replace text with formulas, replace resolved text from an existing formula to a desired formula and replace text present in Drawing Title Box. This means that users can modify annotations in a variety of ways, depending on their specific requirements.
6. Ease of Use: The macro is user-friendly and easy to use. It can process folders or files, which makes it easy to modify annotations in batches. This means that even novice SOLIDWORKS users can take advantage of its functionality.
An example of how the macro can be used is to modify the $PRPSHEET PartNo’, whose resolved value is ‘PRT-YYY’, to $PRPSHEET: ‘PartNo1’. This can be done using the Argument: Find ‘$PRPSHEET:’PartNo’ & Replace $PRPSHEET: ‘PartNo1’. This shows how easy it is to modify annotations using the macro.
The ability to modify annotation text present in SOLIDWORKS Drawings using #Task is a powerful feature that can save users a significant amount of time and increase productivity. The benefits of using this macro include time savings, increased productivity, improved accuracy, customizability, flexibility and ease of use. With the ability to replace text with formulas, replace resolved text from an existing formula to a desired formula and replace text present in Drawing Title Box, users have a wide range of options for modifying annotations. By automating this repetitive task, users can focus on more important tasks and achieve greater efficiency in their work.