BIMcloud Basic Remote access
Tips and Tricks • Gareth Morgan • 9 March 2020
There are 2 ways for setting up your BIMcloud/BIMcloud Basic Server to be accessed from outside your office – you can either set up Port Forwarding, or use a VPN.
In most cases, Port Forwarding is simpler to setup, so we’d suggest that unless you already have a VPN setup and running between the offices.
- Install and Setup BIMcloud/BIMcloud Basic as normal (if it isn’t already setup)
- Write down the port numbers typically these will be xx000 & xx001 (xx being the AC version)
- Talk to your Internet Provider to ask them to give you a Static IP Address.
- Once they supply it, make a note of the IP they give you, or go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to find it – this is your External IP Address
- Talk to your IT person and setup Port Forwarding (sometimes referred to as NAT) to forward ports XX000 and XX001 (XX being the ac version or the numbers you are using to access your BIMCloud / Basic) on to the Internal IP address of your BIMcloud/BIMcloud Basic Server.
- In the second office or from your home (and any subsequent offices), connect using the address http://[the External IP address]:XX000
- Talk to your IT person and ask them to setup a VPN server in your office, and to setup user accounts on it to allow people in the remote office to connect using it.
- Once it is setup, connect to the BIMcloud/BIMcloud Basic server from the remote office by connecting to the VPN, and then accessing the Server as if you were in the same location as it (i.e. connect using the same address that the users in the main office do)
Further information can be found here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/43354/ and here https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/126774/